Join us in Candler Park for the first movie night of the season. Big Hero 6 is scheduled for Saturday April 25th. Thanks to Friends of Candler Park for organizing the Movie Night series. Check their website for updated line up and schedule changes . Friendsofcandlerpark.org
The newest edition of The Messenger is now available online. Check this page for the latest issue, as well as an archive of previous issues of our very popular newsletter.
Due to a lack of pending applications, the April Zoning Committee is cancelled.
- Collect input — we have published a survey at candlerpark.org/bylawsupdate and let members know about it through announcements at the membership meeting, publishing it in the Messenger and the web site, and e-mail newsletters. We have also proactively e-mailed key participants, including past board members and long-time and active residents, asking for their input. Finally, the committee is thoroughly reviewing the existing bylaws for consistency with how the organization currently operates and best practices of similar organizations.
- Describe changes — we’ll take all of the input and prepare a set of potential changes. Each change will include a note explaining why the change is being proposed. Where there are multiple potential changes to a single area, we will present them as a set of alternatives. We will make it easy to see what might change and why.
- Present to the board — we will review all the potential changes with the board, collect feedback, and adjust as necessary.
- Public discussion — we’ll hold a special public meeting for discussing potential changes. This will give us a forum for a longer, more substantive discussion of changes before bringing them to the floor for a vote. If necessary, we will hold multiple meetings.
- Non-binding votes of support — if there are proposed changes that don’t have clear consensus, we will ask the organization to take a non-binding vote of support on each issue to gauge interest. This will help us identify areas that might require separate binding votes at the end of the update process.
- Amendment — proposed updates will be published on the web site and members will be notified by e-mail and in the messenger of an upcoming vote to amend the bylaws. The board of directors will vote, and if they recommend the changes to the organization, there will be a formal debate and vote at a membership meeting.