Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
February 12, 2018
A quorum being present the meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm by Dana Fowle, President. Motion to adopt the agenda passed. Motion to approve the January Minutes passed.
Discussion and Votes:
- The Twitter account is CandlerParkATL and will be monitored by Dana Fowle.
- Motion to allocate $75 from the Sunshine Fund for a Visa gift card for Maria Nagy passed.
- CPNO Easter Egg Hunt is Sunday, March 25 @ 2 pm.
- The Development Committee (Charles Hooker, Emily Taff, Chris Fitzgerald) will participate in the formation of a ‘Zoning Overlay’ Group for the intown neighborhoods.
- Safety Presentation will be held at the Existentialist Church, Wednesday, February 21st, at 7 pm. Refreshments will be available as a representative from Acerman Security, Police, Fire speaks. Motion to allocate $75 for the Church rental fee passed.
- Zoning-Bill Morris
There are two applications- 321 Mell Avenue and 1206 DeKalb Avenue. The Committee voted to support both applications.
- External Affairs- Lindy Kerr
Moreland LCI on hold until more information is provided by Jeff Rader.
- Messenger- Susan Rose, Editor
Not present. Consider a contest for the naming of the commercial area of Candler Park. Dana Fowle will ask Roger Bakeman to meet with the business owners.
- 311 Magnifer- Dana Fowle will give update at the Members’ Meeting.
- Infrastructure Committee- Update on the progress of obtaining Block Captains for sidewalk repair. Two Zone Captains have been appointed-Zaid Duwayri and Jay Sandhaus. Terry Morey, a retired city planner, will be coordinating the contractor for the repairs. Wondershop has donated space for the ‘whiteboard’.
- Cameli’s will provide dinner for Monday night.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm.
Bonnie Palter, Secretary
February 12, 2018