Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
June 11, 2018
A quorum being present the meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm by Dana Fowle, President. The motion to adopt the agenda passed.
- Candler Park Conservancy contract has been signed.
- Fall Fest. is on or ahead of schedule. Need 3 more houses for the Tour of Homes.[Chris Fitzgerald]
- Zoning- There are two applications for consideration- 1) 1321 Iverson Street; 2) 1264 Druid Place. Both applications were supported by the Committee. Next Committee meeting is July 4th; may have to move it or could be done electronically.
- Fried Chicken Festival-no report
- Sidewalk Repair Update- Silvia Edelstein reported on the progress: Has blanket permit; has price; has approved contractors; need number of households who wish to participate. Christine Moore, real estate lawyer, and Terry Moy, engineer, assisted in all necessary phases. Also received help from Amir Farohki, District 2 Councilman.
- Trees Atlanta- Dana Fowle will contact Trees Atlanta about planting trees in the neighborhood.
- 311Magnifer could be a good community service project for the Boys Scouts or children at Mary Lin Elementary.
- Ideas for Messenger- Articles about fences and sidewalks; photo array of Candler Park medallions.
- The Freedom Bridge Committee may be ready to present their findings by August.
- Brewhouse will provide dinner for the Monday night meeting.
- Porch Party is June 16th at 1316 North Avenue.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:54 pm.
Submitted by Bonnie Palter, Secretary
June 11, 2018