Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
May 14, 2018
A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm by Dana Fowle, President. Reports from Sidewalk, Theo, and ‘Bridge Committee’ were reviewed by the Board. The motion to adopt the agenda passed.
- Flick-Nic: Mark Clements requesting assistance with promotion and sponsorships as well as an earlier vote on the CPNO sponsorship. The Board agreed to a November vote next year. It was suggested to use social media (FB, Twitter, Nextdoor, Instagram, Website) for promoting the movie night.
- Zoning- Bill Morris
There are possibly 3 applications: a) 317 Ferguson Street; b) 425 Oakdale Road; c) 1321 Iverson Street. Motion that the CPNO Board supports the Zoning Committee recommendations for 425 Oakdale Road application passed.
- Fried Chicken Festival (Cluk Fest)- Dana Fowle to write a letter to the Mayor’s Office for Special Events regarding the timing of this event in Candler Park.
- NPU N- Lindy Kerr
The Parks and Recreation Department will be undertaking a 13 month comprehensive examination, with residents’ input, of the department activities and responsibilities. The start up for this is February 2019.
- Bridge Committee- Motion to create a LCI/Freedom Bridge Committee and appoint Zaid Duwayri as Chair passed. Written goals were established as guidelines for their tasks.
- Ideas for the next issue of the Messenger were given to Susan Rose, Editor.
- ‘Tumor 5K’- Residents are complaining about the spray painting of the race route on Freedom Park Pathway. Will forward to 311.
- Yard Sale- Chris Fitzgerald reported $775 intake.
- Fall Fest- There are 7 homes for the Tour of Homes.
- Candler Park Conservancy Contract: The document was reviewed and it was felt there should be a timeline for the completion and presentation of the design. Dana Fowle will write edit and give it to the appropriate Conservancy person.
- 311 Magnifier needs to refocus on tree roots that hinder sidewalk repair.
- Ideas for Cathie Gannon, DeKalb Commissioner, to talk about May 21st. (DeKalb Avenue and funds for sidewalk repair)
- 501c3 status/update- Roger Bakeman has been working with Dolly Evans on preparing the application especially the financial portion. The papers will probably be ready in June or July for filing with the IRS.
- Roger Bakeman reported the CPNO website analytics.
- Taxes were filed on time. (Rohini Kukrega-Treasurer)
- Butterfly Garden needs a custodian.
- Lexa King reported that a resident wants to ban the use of leaf blowers in the Candler Park neighborhood.
- Corner Tavern will provide food for the Members’ meeting.
The minutes will be approved by electronic vote.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm.
Submitted by Bonne Palter, Secretary
May 14, 2018