June 2019 Board
Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
June 10, 2019
A quorum being present the meeting was called to order at 7:06 pm by Dana Fowle, President.
Motion to adopt the agenda passed. Motion to approve the May Minutes passed.
● Voting procedures- Reviewed voting procedures of last Membership Meeting. Discussed changes to voting procedures. Counting of votes should not be done by the Presiding Officer.
● Zoning- Bill Morris
1) Builder of homes on Moreland and North Avenue requesting support for building a fence on the second lot from the corner.
2) Variance for 601 Clifton Road
Motion that the Board/Neighborhood not get involved with a Lake Claire variance application passed.
● Sidewalk Repair Update
City is willing to repair sidewalks on Miller Avenue (from Oakdale to Candler Park Dr); on Candler Park Dr (from Miller Ave to Benning Place), and on Clifton Road (from McLendon Ave to Marlbrook Dr), Amir Farokhi, District 2 Councilman, has $148,000 at his disposal for the sidewalk repairs. Dana Fowle and Roger Bakeman will continue to research the possibilities.
● Porch Parties- Jennifer Wilds may have someone who is interested in holding a Porch Party. Porch Parties are only held in the Fall and Spring.
● Movie Night- In general, things went well. The main complaint was “no popcorn” or “popsicles”. Location of the screen will change for the next movie.
● Board Positions- The Nominating Committee will need to find a Nominee for President, Membership, and Zoning. The following Board Members, who are willing to serve again, are Lexa King (Public Safety), Matt Kirk (External Affairs), and Bonnie Palter (Secretary). The following people are willing to run for Board positions: Ryan Anderson (Communications); Karin Mack (Treasurer).
● Tree Ordinance- The presentation was given in February.
Dinner will be provided by Brewhouse.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:29 pm.
Submitted by Bonnie Palter, Secretary
June 10, 2019