Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
April 8, 2019
A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order at 7:12pm by Dana Fowle, President.
Motion to adopt the amended minutes was passed. Motion to approve the March minutes passed.
- Candler Park Music and Food Festival – Roger is waiting for response to his inquiries to Josh A. as to whether or not they will provide tickets to members again this year.
- Infrastructure – Neighborhood members spoke to the Board about safety concerns at the intersection of Oakdale and Iverson. They have met with Amir F, Jay T. and Public Works who agreed to make changes but have not done so. They will gather additional information and documentation and present a proposal at the May membership meeting, to be voted on in June. Multiple ideas for solutions were discussed and Jay T. will be invited to the discussions. It was proposed to look into including safety on Euclid also in the discussion.
- Sidewalks – Dana met with Amir and Public Works and final budget estimates will be given to them in hopes of the city helping to fund neighborhood curbs.
- Zoning – The Zoning Committee meeting will be held 4/9. The applicant for the brewpub is working with local businesses to secure additional parking and have modified their hours to not compete with current businesses. There are mixed opinions among neighboring homeowners.
- The Easter Egg Hunt is this Sunday in the park.
- The Incredibles 2 date has been changed and will be posted on Next Door and the website. There will need to be a planning committee next year as opposed to only two people planning. We will most likely go over budget for the series due to permitting and deadline costs. A process template will be created.
- The LCI summary will be posted on the webpage.
- The Block Party for 5/5 on Hillcrest was approved and there is one potential Porch Party being planned.
- There is a Midtown Quality of Life Alliance meeting being hosted by Matt Westmoreland. Lexa will attend.
- Dinner will be provided by the Candler Park Market.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:24pm
Submitted by Jennifer Wilds
April 8, 2019