Remember to renew for 2019, candlerpark.org/renew-membership
CANDLER PARK NEIGHBORHOOD ORGANIZATION
MEMBERSHIP MEETING AGENDA, Feb. 21, 2019, 7-9 pm
7:00 WELCOME – 5 minutes.
- Welcome and reminder that we have many votes for this meeting. Robert’s Rules of Order will be followed. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Thank dinner provider: Savage Pizza
- Approve agenda
- Approve minutes from last meeting, found in The Messenger
7:05 GUEST SPEAKERS – 20 minutes
- Atlanta Police Zone 6 rep – 5 min.
- Canned Food donations to be accepted at each membership meeting – Lexa King
- Little 5 Alliance: CPNO rep Christina Hodgen appointed board secretary. A representative will take questions about the Findley Plaza redesign. Please review: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T04l2Kq1KPvFSHP8eUtNO0ibg5vEDvv8OXI-8iF1tyg/edit?usp=sharing
7:25 2019 BUDGET PROPOSAL AND VOTE
We have a motion to present the 2019 budget, approved by the board, for a membership vote. Treasurer Rohini Kukreja will present and take questions. Click here to see the CPNO 2019 Proposed Budget.
7:45 ANNOUNCEMENTS AND VOTES
- CITY IN THE FOREST: A motion last month for CPNO approval to “support the amendments to the Atlanta Tree Ordinance as presented by City in the Forest that: SAVE MORE TREES by planning at the beginning of the development process; PRESERVE ATLANTA’S BEST TREES; REDUCE GRADING AND IMPERVIOUS SURFACE; AND PROMOTE EFFECTIVE ENFORCEMENT.
- Candler Park Music & Food Festival Vote: A member-initiated motion to “support the Candler Park Music and Food Festival with the condition that the event producer meet with Park Design, Watershed, and Candler Park Conservancy prior to the festival to identify appropriate means of cleaning the field pallets, including possible monitoring of the stream before and after the cleaning of the pallets.”
- NPU Update: Historic designation in Poncey-Highland; Beltline TAD advisory committee openings (5 spots); tree ordinance: final report in March.
- Zoning Update: A motion, approved by the zoning committee and the board, for an alcohol license application by Gato restaurant.
Where: First Existentialist Congregation, 470 Candler Park Drive
When: February 18, 7:00 pm; social and eats from 6:30.
NOTE: PLEASE BRING A CANNED FOOD ITEM. CPNO WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO A NEARBY PANTRY FOR OUR NEIGHBORS IN NEED.