CANDLER PARK NEIGHBORHOOD ORGANIZATION
Nov. 19, 2019
“ANNUAL POTLUCK DINNER”
Bring a dish. Bring a toy.
Please, donate a new, unwrapped toy that we can deliver to APD’s Zone 6 7th Annual Toy Drive.
• Call to Order:
• Welcome guests & new neighbors: Record 574 CPNO members; 117 new members this year
• Annual Pot Luck Dinner: Bring a side dish or favorite appetizer. Fox Bros. will supply the BBQ.
• Adoption of agenda
• The Messenger – Previous Month’s Meeting Minutes
• Guest speakers:
– Atlanta Police Zone 6 representative
– Neighbor Lee Furey will discuss trees and canopy.
– City in the Forest to discuss four-step plan to tackle canopy issue.
• Treasurer’s Report (2018)
• Twitter: CandlerParkATL
• Annual Board Elections – Don Bender
Candidates: President, Dana Fowle; Treasurer, Rohini Kukreja (understudy – Karin Mack); Secretary, Bonnie Palter; Membership, Jennifer Wilds; Fundraising, Chris Fitzgerald; Public Safety, Lexa King; Communications, Roger Bakeman; and External Affairs, Matt Kirk
• Zoning: 415 Sterling re-submitting application as there was a clerical error; 42 Clifton Rd. – rear addition; and, citywide ordinance to address proliferation of service stations
• Little 5 Point Alliance – This group launched in August. It’s comprised of business owners and neighboring communities to champion and sustain the L5P area. We need two members. Joseph Hacker will join. Looking for one more person. Meets every six weeks.