Volunteer. Sign up for Candler Park Fall Festival 2019 ( https://signup.com/go/oRPQtfP ) on @SignUpdotcom today!
CANDLER PARK NEIGHBORHOOD
2019 – Getting
started 7 p.m.
- Call to
- Meeting begins
- Welcome new members
- Message from the Board: We are struggling to find dinner vendors for membership meetings. Please, when you get a free meal at at CPNO meeting, be sure to visit the restaurant and when you do say, ‘Thanks.’
- Adoption of September agenda
of previous month’s minutes
- Atlanta Police Zone 6 representative
- Jamar Robinson of PlayHrdTrainHrd will offer free boot camp sessions in the Candler Park area of Freedom Park.
to discuss desire to put a Flock camera connected to APD in the Candler
Park business area.
Update (2019) – Rohini Kukreja
- FALL FEST – Still looking for volunteers. Sign up at: https://fallfest.candlerpark.org/
- Board Nominating Committee update: All Board positions are open, but many current members have agreed to return. Zoning, Fundraising, and President are being vacated. Neighbor Emily Taff has agreed to run for the Zoning Committee Chair position. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join this voluntary Board.
- NPU-N: Draft of new tree ordinance will be ready November.
- 1270 Euclid Avenue: applicant seeks variance to reduce the front yard setback from 35 ft. to 22 ft.; reduction of west side yard from 7 ft. to 5 ft.; and to exceed allowed lot coverage from 50 percent to 81 percent for construction of new home on vacant lot.
- 1349 McLendon Avenue: applicant seeks variance to reduce the 1/2 depth front yard setback from 17.5 ft. to 3.8 ft. for second floor addition.
Purpose of this proposed ordinance is to prohibit use of a single
family, two family or multi family dwelling unit as a party house
in a residential zoning districts (R1-R5, RG, I-1, and I-2) for
the purpose of hosting a commercial event (where a fee is charged for
the use of the dwelling).
- Atlanta Public Schools not renewing the superintendent’s contract. District 1 board member Leslie Grant will speak to the membership and take questions after the meeting, as well.