Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
May 13, 2019
A quorum being present the meeting was called to order at 7:11 pm by Dana Fowle, President. Motion to adopt the agenda passed. The Minutes will be approved electronically.
● FallFest 5k- Russell Miller who has been managing the race for several years is no longer able to do so. Motion that the Board support “Candler Park Conservancy manage the FallFest 5k and receive half the net revenue” passed.
● Oakdale/Ferguson Intersection postponed until June Meeting.
● Send ideas for the Messenger directly to Susan Rose.
● Movie Night- The first movie was rained out and will be rescheduled for June.
● Zoning- BrewPub @ 1660 DeKalb Ave-Special Exception Permit/Variance was discussed at the Zoning Committee Meeting. The Committee supports the permit if the following conditions are met: 1) written agreements with businesses for remote parking; 2) 10 Spaces for bicycles; 3)
No music outside for outside tables; 4) Valet parking; 5) Operate limited hours; 6) Neighborhood Liaison. The motion to support the Special Exception Variance with the conditions set by the Zoning Committee passed.
● Sidewalks- Silvia Edelstein has resigned as the Chair of the Sidewalk Committee. Dana Fowle will ask one of the original members of the Committee to take over. Discussed how to distribute the money among the 96 needing sidewalk repair/reconstruction.
● Hulsey Yard- Inman Park, Reynoldstown, and Cabbagetown residents will create a Master Plan for the property. Railroad still owns the property.
● Dinner will be provided by Corner Tavern.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Submitted by Bonnie Palter, Secretary
May 13, 2019