updated on March 4, 2020
U-20-001 – 1448 Iverson St./SoulShine Preschool will present their application for a Special Use Permit to operate a preschool at 1448 Iverson Street at the upcoming–Wednesday, March 4, 2020–Zoning Committee meeting and respond to neighbor concerns.
SoulShine Preschool initially presented their Special Use Permit application at the February 5 Zoning Committee Meeting. At that meeting a number of concerns were raised which were discussed and the voting deferred to give SoulShine time to come up with more plans to address some specific concerns including:
- No Off-street Parking; Managing Traffic on Iverson Street; and Parking Flow During Business Hours
- Disposal of Trash/Recycling
- Noise buffering and protecting neighbor privacy
- Safety during non-business hours and weekends when the school is closed.
- How will the Special Use Permit granted in 2007 differ from the Special Use Permit SoulShine is currently seeking?
1448 Iverson St. has most recently been a residence but it was originally built as a sunday school building for the church building on Candler Park Drive at the corner of Iverson.
SoulShine currently operates two locations, SoulShine Kirkwood (2052 Hosea Williams Dr.), SoulShine Decatur (525 W Howard Ave, Decatur.
- Max number of children will be 90 children, ages ranging from 6 weeks to 6 years.
- 15-17 employees, shifts ranging from 7am – 4pm, 7:30am – 4:30pm, 8:00am – 5:00pm, 8:30am – 5:30pm, 9:30am – 6:30pm depending on enrollment.
- NO off-street parking is available, only public street parking.