Join us WEDNESDAY JUNE 10, 7pm via ZOOM for a community dicussion of the Proposed Proactive Rezoning Candler Park R-5 to R-5-C
For more background on this proposal please see the post on the R-5-C Zoning Proposal
After the May 18 CPNO Member Meeting, a number of suggestions were raised that we and the City have incorporated into the legislation.
CONDITIONS as of MAY 18, 2020:
- There shall be a front yard having a depth of not less than 30 feet or the average front yard depth of the adjacent residential properties, whichever is greater. (changed from simply “30 feet”)
- For a duplex: The maximum floor area ratio shall be 55% of the net lot area. (changed from 60%)
- Maximum lot coverage within this district shall not exceed 50% percent of the net lot area. (changed from 55%)
- Two family dwellings and duplexes shall have a minimum of one parking space per dwelling. (changed from a potential minimum of 2 spaces per dwelling)
- There shall be a walkway connecting the front porch to the public sidewalk.
ADDED CONDITIONS as of JUNE 3, 2020:
- Added Elmira Street to the proposed rezoning area based on similar lot size to the streets in the core area.
- Building Length Off-set: No side wall shall be longer than 40 feet without an off-set of at least 2 feet in depth and at least 5 feet in length.
- Window Fenestration: Window fenestration shall be provided along the side facades of the principal structure for a minimum of 10 percent of the side façade area.
- Relationship of building to street:
- Because there is currently a proposed ordinance Z-20-36 by City Council to delete the Neighborhood Design Standards in residential areas citywide (full Ordinance here), we requested that the Neighborhood Design Standards as currently stated be included as Conditions in the R-5-C draft. In the code this is titled “Relationship of building to the street,” the existing code as written in R-5 is here.
Please email Zoning@candlerpark.org with any questions.