Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
June 8, 2020
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm by Matt Kirk, President. Motion to adopt the agenda as displayed passed. Motion to approve the corrected/amended May minutes passed.
Zoning-Emily Taff, Zoning Officer
●Our R5c proposal was discussed; details are on the CPNO website. Members’ vote will be next Monday June 15. To get the process started, Councilman Amir Farohki introduced our R5c Proposal to the Council on June 1st. Communication Officer, Ryan Anderson, to send out neighborhood blast.
●City Council proposal to delete Neighborhood Design Standards was discussed.
●DeKalb Avenue Cycletrack Proposal- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition wants neighborhood support to extend the Cycletrack (from Inman Park Station) to Oakdale Road. Discussion on feasibility followed especially in light of a 4-way stop sign request for Ferguson and Iverson intersection. Zoning Committee is ‘fine’ with request of the extension to Ferguson.
The trademark ‘FallFest’ has been renewed with the Secretary of State for ten more years.
Matt Hanson, Fundraising Officer has not heard from anyone. There is still no Chairman or Treasurer to head the FallFest Committee.
● City still not issuing permits at this time even though Dragcon and Dogwood Festival will be held as scheduled
● To have or not to have? Logisitics-Compliance with CDC requirements: 1) Taking attendees temperature(s);2) Social Distancing
● Digital version of FallFest?-1) who has the technological capability to set it up? 2) Will atmosphere be the same?
● Other fundraising ideas proposed perhaps in place of FallFest
1) Online Auction of donated items with a 60/40 split
2) Neighborhood Musical Calvacade/Parade-donations from viewers accepted
● Matt Kirk-501c3 status fundraising options
● “5:15’ers”- photos Black Lives Matter
● Gardens-tips from Urban Gardeners (Scott Jacobs) on vegetable gardens
● 378 Art Gallery
● Freedom Park Conservancy- Elder Project
● Little Five Points Business Innovations during Covid-19
● Senior Seminars-Lexa King, Public Safety Officer- Seminars will be held by Zoom;
next one June 24th @10am;Legal issues for Seniors; Email blast will be sent out
● Staying Connected during Covid-19-Jennifer Wilds
● President’s column-Matt Kirk, Social Justice/Neighborhood diversity
Meeting adjourned at 8:14 pm
Submitted by Bonnie Palter, Secretary
June 8, 2020