Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
March 12, 2018
A quorum being present the meeting was called to order at 7:07 pm by Dana Fowle, President.
The motion to adopt the agenda passed. The motion to approve the previous month’s minutes passed.
- Ideas for the Messenger- Susan Rose
- Zoning- Bill Morris and Lindy Kerr led discussion on the Moreland Avenue LCI/CID. Three areas that will directly impact Candler Park are 1) Open the gate between MARTA and Iverson Park; 2) Direct path between Moreland and Candler Park Drive; 3) Bridge over Moreland at Freedom Park. Announce at March Meeting; Discuss at April Meeting; Vote at May Meeting.
- NPU- Streets Alive on DeKalb Avenue from downtown to Lake Clare is April 8 from 2- 6. Will ask for a volunteer to staff a merchandise table along the route.
- Board and Zoning Meetings will move to the Wondershop on McLendon/ Oakdale. The Board will start in May; Zoning will start in June. The charge for both meetings will be $75/month.
- Homeless Encampment- Druid Hills requesting CPNO to sign their letter to get encampment removed.
- Inman Middle School Foundation Thank you to donors is Friday March 16 at the Trolley Barn. Dana Fowle and Lexa King will represent CPNO.
- Little Five Community Center- Motion to increase yearly donation to $100 passed.
- Easter Egg Hunt is Sunday March 25 at 3pm. (Time changed due to conflict with another event.)
- Yard Sale is set for April 21, 9am-4pm, at the Neighborhood Church, McLendon Avenue.
- FallFest is Saturday, September 29 and Sunday September 30, 2018.
- Business District- Roger Bakeman will obtain name suggestions from the business owners.
- Druid Hills Civic Association will be referred to Friends of Candler Park regarding how to establish a movie night.
- DeKalb County Commissioner Kathie Gannon wants ‘talking points’ for her May 21st address to the Members. The following issues were suggested: 1) Homeless; 2) 911; 3) Update on Druid Hills becoming part of Atlanta; 4) Infrastructure Money for sidewalks.
- Candler Park Market will provide dinner for Members’ Meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:16 pm.
Bonnie Palter, Secretary
March 12, 2018