Candler Park Neighborhood Organization
Board of Directors
March 9, 2020
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm by Matt Kirk, President. The motion to adopt the agenda passed. The motion to approve the corrected February minutes passed.
● Zoning- Randy Pimsler and Emily Taff (Zoning Committee) explained their proposal to change the R5 (duplex zoning) designation to R5C (R5 “with conditions”). They plan to meet with Director of Zoning and Development to discuss the proposal and would like to obtain a moratorium on new duplex construction if possible, while the proposal is considered by the neighborhood. The motion “to support the Zoning Committee going forward with discussions with the City regarding a R5 zoning change” passed.
● Education- The motion to appoint Dana Fowle, Kate Sandhaus, and Emily Heberlein to the Education Committee passed. Dana Fowle requested the support for a ‘position paper’ to be presented to the Atlanta School Board regarding redistricting of the Grady Cluster. The motion that CPNO Board support the Education Committee’s presentation of a position paper passed.
There are three applications for the membership to consider-
- 1448 Iverson Street SoulShine Preschool and Afterschool (U-20-001) Special Use Permit
- 620 Oakdale Road (V-20-037) variance to reduce lot coverage.
- 340 Clifton Road (V-20-030) variance to reduce front yard setback to add second floor
● Dinner- Have not heard from vender as yet.
● Sidewalks- The repair project may be resurrected if the City can supply contractor(s) who are willing to do the work for us.
● 501(c)(3) status- The restatement of CPNO purpose has been completed and sent to the IRS as requested.
● Hosting of the Fall Fest website needs to be changed. There also needs to be a change of the program that is used for Candler Park residents to apply for membership online. The present program does not always work. It is suggested to upgrade to an elite license of Gravity that would cost $259.
● Proxy Voting- A request has been made that there be some provision for those members who cannot attend meetings during the current Coronavirus pandemic. A Bylaw change would be necessary.
● Karin Mack, Treasurer, requested assistance with the contact person who receives funds from CPNO under the discretionary distribution. A motion to appoint Mary Railey Bartlett as Treasurer for Fall Fest 2020 passed.
● Montessori International School will be hosting a festival June 6. Three hundred people are expected to attend.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Submitted by Bonnie Palter, Secretary
March 9, 2020