From Randy Pimsler
Candler Park’s Master Plan Coordinating Committee is enlisting your help in a campaign to let city officials know where we want our city infrastructure money spent.
The timing is crucial because city officials currently are seeking input to develop a list of projects that could be funded by a bond referendum that the city's voters will consider early next year.
The current focus of our correspondence should be on City Council members. We need to stress to them our priorities for the project list attached to the proposed infrastructure bond referendum. Click here for City Council contact info and for a sample letter, and write your letter today!
Starting tomorrow evening, the city's Public Works Departtment also will be hosting a series of public meetings on the Infrastructure Bond, during which time projects selected for funding will be identified. We urge you to attend at least one of these meetings. It could make a real difference to our neighborhood! Here’s a list of the dates and places; all times at 6 pm-8 pm.
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, Atlanta Metropolitan State College, 1630 Metropolitan Parkway, SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Thursday, Sept. 11, Atlanta Speech School, 3160 Northside Parkway, NW, Atlanta, GA 30305
- Tuesday, Sept. 16, Ben Hill Recreation Center, 2405 Fairburn Road, SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
- Thursday, Sept. 18, Adamsville Recreation Center, 3201 Martin L. King, Jr., SW, Atlanta, GA 30311
- Tuesday, Sept. 23, John C. Birdine Recreation Center, 215 Lakewood Way, SW, Atlanta, GA 30315
- Thursday, Sept. 25, Atlanta City Hall Auditorium (Old Council Chambers), 68 Mitchell Street, SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Tuesday, Sept. 30, Piedmont Hospital - Shepherd Center, Callaway Auditorium, 7th Floor, 2020 Peachtree Road, NW. Atlanta, GA 30309
Regarding any questions on the infrastructure bond or the Candler Park Master Plan in general, feel free to contact me (Randy) at email@example.com.